Think that some strike is missing? Feel free to comment on it!
Though history of mixed martial arts is relatively short, the biggest MMA promotion in the world has organized thousands of fights ending with stunning knockouts, brutal submissions or at least picturesque and theatrical celebrations. So here’s a new top-something selection from UFC and this time it’s the list of the most powerful strikes ever landed in the octagon.
The experts are Kenny Florian and former Team Alpha Male member, UFC bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw. Each one was to choose five most favorite and most devastating strikes. So here’s the countdown.
5. Rich Franklin vs. Nate Quarry, UFC 56 Full Force, November 19, 2005
4. Johny Hendricks vs. Jon Fitch, UFC 141, December 30, 2011
3. Houston Alexander vs. Keith Jardine, UFC 71, May 26, 2007
2. Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping, UFC 100, July 11, 2009
1. Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell, UFC 88 Breakthrough, September 6, 2008
5. Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Mirko Filipovic, UFC 70 Nations Collide, April 21, 2007
4. Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort, UFC 126, February 5, 2011
3. Rashad Evans vs. Chuck Liddell, UFC 88 Breakthrough, September 6, 2008
2. Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim, UFC 142, January 14, 2012
1. Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping, UFC 100, July 11, 2009
So, while Kenny Florian’s top-5 selection is mostly filled with punches, it’s obvious that TJ Dillashaw prefers to watch a good foot work. However, Dan Henderson’s blast was so great it won both experts’ votes. It’s true that each one of these strikes is great and worth remembering, as well as the fact that dozens of other epic shots remained behind the rankings. There’re enough events and fights to give every UFC fan a chance to make his own rating.